Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cuban Missile Crisis Part 2

Although we didn't have history class today, I still wanted to continue my blog on the Cuban missile crisis. Or, more specifically, other things that I'd like to discuss in class related to this event. First off, I'd like to get a better understanding of the overall picture of what happened in the Cuban missile crisis. We've been reading very specific things related to very specific events within the entire crisis. But that doesn't give us the big picture. We tried to get a big picture by combining all of our events into a timeline, but even then we were missing a few big events that completed the picture. The only reason that I know this is because I've learned about the Cuban missile crisis before this class. For example, we still don't know about the motivation behind some of the actions that were taken. We don't know what caused the ship with missiles to turn around, We don't really know what sparked this in the first place unless I missed something in class. I know this is a short blog. I have a lot of other homework to do. I'll write an extra long one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment